1:72 U.S.S Skipjack
USS Skipjack (SSN-585), the lead ship of her class of nuclear-powered attack submarine, was the third ship of the United States Navy to be named after the Skipjack tuna.
Her keel was laid down on 29 May 1956 by the Electric Boat Division of the General Dynamics Corporation in Groton, Connecticut. She was launched on 26 May 1958, sponsored by Helen Mahon, wife of Representative George H. Mahon from the 19th District of Texas, and commissioned on 15 April 1959 with Commander W. W. Behrens, Jr., in command.
- Highly detailed plastic pieces moulded in light grey.
- Detailed navigational and communications array featuring antennae periscope and snorkel.
- Hull numbers and ship names for all 6 Skipjack-Class submarines included.
- Accurate teardrop-shaped hull.
- Photo-etched metal main sea water suctions and discharges.
- Display stand included.
- Waterslide decals.
- Illustrated instructions
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 40" (1016mm)
- Skill level: 3
Brand: Moebius Models
Product Code: MMK1400